2009-12-04

Two weeks in Review

Man, it feels like ages since I've actually done anything beyond going to class and teaching at Wells. According to my records it's now been almost 2 weeks since I've really done anything with my Kettlebell, and it's really frustrating me. The good news is that I found a chiropractor who gave me an hour or his time to adjust my back and fix (likely for now) and address some of the imbalances and oddities in my body. He suggested coming back into the office in 2 weeks for another adjustment and "as needed" or "6-8 weeks to make sure you're still in the right spots" for future follow-ups.

The man is built like a tank, which is quite the change from my last chiropractor who is quite skinny, though highly skilled. Dr. Alise spent about an hour with me, going over everything he was going to do and really took the time to understand what I needed. I would highly recommend his services to anyone who is thinking about needing an adjustment in the Ithaca area.

So, onto the plan. Since it's been a few weeks since I've been active with my weights, I think I'm going to join a few other folks on these interwebs with the December project of Turkish Getups and Swings. I think scaling back my workouts and concentrating on working through some of my body's issues will allow me to get back into it this month. Next month I'll restart my Clean & Press work and gradually try to get back on track again. I'm thinking about taking whatever moneies I get for Hannuka this year and put it towards a 24kg Kettlebell...either that or a hand-full of books from DragonDoor. If I get enough monies though, I'll probably do both!

No comments: